Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Welcome to the hotel Kensington

Such a lovely place,
Such a lovely place.

Well, if you like your hostels to be annoying and have the odd weird shit going on.

Ooo; show and tell time:

The jug in the kitchen doesn't work. I boil a pot of water to drink tea every day.
There isnt a single fork in the kitchen here. I cooked spaghetti and ate it with a spoon.
I could hear people nextdoor having sex last night. Interesting considering its a 4 person dorm...
My bunkmates doing lines with their mates, apparently not put off by me being in the room.
The fucking shift and ctrl keys dont work on this keyboard (the most annoying of all).

So, yeah... interesting times.

It occurs to me that my run-down on the trip to Bristol neglected to mention our trip to the Walkabout - a chain of antipodean-targetted booze joints fairly akin to generic pubs back home. For a particularly in-depth look at our drunken evening see a post by Mr Squirk (Rob).

For those of you who read his whole blog, yes its true... we did let him use 'Camwhore'.

Lastly, I still havent shaved since I left NZ. Here's a (bad) artist's impression of what it looks like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, I thought it was funny..

11 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

Hey, it's Swift! :)

Got your PM with the link to you blog, but you obviously weren't the only person in the guild who saw I was on line - they've revoked my rights to send PMs over their webpage in the past hour or so! :(

I'll bookmark this blog and add it to my list to check out, so we can keep in touch that way instead - at least till you come back to WoW!

3:41 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Hey, it's Swift! :)

Got your PM with the link to you blog, but you obviously weren't the only person in the guild who saw I was on line - they've revoked my rights to send PMs over their webpage in the past hour or so! :(

I'll bookmark this blog and add it to my list to check out, so we can keep in touch that way instead - at least till you come back to WoW!

3:42 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Doh, sorry for the double post! :(

3:43 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

aww, really?

thats a touch stink.

But anyway, that brings the number of people reading this tom like, 3 or 4 people. wow!

hehe.

take it easy Swifty

2:36 am  
Blogger Cass said...

That's about how many people read my blog too! :)

12:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you really should see a doctor about how blotted/patchy your hair has got too.

3:09 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

Ahh, the mysterious Jacob, beast.

Hola!

Actually, thats using artistic license (snigger) to represent the fact that it needs a comb/clean

12:04 pm  
Blogger Joel said...

Man, when I finish my PhD, I'm going to WoW like it's 1964.

The hotel Kensington sounds awesome, top spot to visit when I come over there!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Jon said...

I think your new haircut looks good.

12:38 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

Pff. You make it sound like my hair isn't normally all messy and crap.

9:01 am  
Blogger Joel said...

Sorry that your beard is going grey dude ;P

6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home