Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More on Cardiff Nightlife

was my last night in Cardiff and, having ruled out the local metal place as being a valid place to spend saturday night, I was a little unsure as to where to head. I was initially just going to get a few drinks at the hostel bar.

But, a better solution presented itself:

Check out the local gay bar with a random Lesbian chick from the hostel.

Was actually a pretty fun night, to be honest. Perhaps not something I'll make a habit of, but pretty good. The best thing is easily the lack of any kind of sexual tension at all, in that you don't have to worry about actually persuing any young ladies (or, more likely in my case -bein lame for not having done so). Also, somehow I think people understood/knew I wasn't gay (perhaps the lack of dress sense and personal presentation skills gave it away), which was handy.

Met a couple of fellas (look, traditional Welsh slang there, I believe) there who seemed fairly hard case, and worth a good yarn. Was kinda time to bale when the people I was with started to pair up and disappear for the evening, though.

After the expesnses of the weekend, I'm thinking I might need to get a job soon. Also, I don't think I'm adjusting hugely well to not actually having a home. Doing ok, but starting to get sick of not having my own bed/room/anything.

Plus, using net Cafes is annoying, mostly because they all use bloody IE when, of couse, they should be using firefox. As well as being crappy, it seems to make my blog look stupid and not arranged properly.

One final note: my ankle is playing up. I'm hoping I haven't done anything silly like that young Joel once did (ie: a broken ankle). But Meh, I think an x-ray will cost too much (especially while I could be drinking with that money). Will just try to rest up and hopefully she'll be sweet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Ancell said...

Actually you'll probably find that an x-ray will cost nothing. Just go and visit a GP (they're free too).

12:10 am  
Blogger Joel said...

Hey, I meant to break my ankle... really I did!

3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about this story flying around the internet high circles that you and Vince were seen dancing to S-club seven?

10:44 pm  
Blogger Squirk said...

It's true I saw it.

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home