Friday, August 04, 2006

Coz - get a new shower, and a curtain, too.

Well; the flight is done, and my body hasn't quite broken down entirely.

Yeah, the trip, combined with a full 12 hours of lugging my pack around heathrow and then Hyde Park by myself ,was fairly... grueling.

I did have the dubious pleasure of spreading my generally filthy and knackered bodliy...uh... aura through one of the poshest McDonalds I've ever been in, when I got into london. The Maccers in Kensington has live piano, by the way. There were 'looks', from other patrons.

And London is, well; pretty big, actually - kinda annoyingly so. I'm already irritated by having to spend extended periods on trains to get where you need to go, not to mention the costs. I also have this bloody idiot tendancy to keep multiplying everything by 3, just to keep it in some lunatic 'perspective', or something. It seems to be offending my general tight-arse sensibilities no end.

Otherwise I have been entertaining people (Coz's flatties, other people on the underground, for example) by coughing, blowing my nose and just generally advertising the fact that I am an unwell individual, and likely affected with something fun and CONTAGIOUS. I'm fairly sure its just a wee cold, but as far as other people know it could be the begginings of TB, or something. If you're going to make other people uncomfortable about being in a close proximity to you, you might as well have a little fun with it, I suppose.

Also, I somehow seem to have difficulty actually understanding some people here. Apparently NZ english branched off from our common root a lot longer ago than I really ever appreciated. There are so many other languages floating around here, if I overhear someone talking, I often have to listen for a few seconds just to verify that it's English. Hmm, perhaps I'm exaggerating a wee bit, but some people are bloody hard to understand.

One final thing I've noticed, is that all english men of around 40+ seem to have aquired exactly the same laugh. Well, cackle, is more appropriate, I think. Quite odd.

Oh, and Coz has a weird hand-held shower thing that I dont like. In fact, I just decided that I dont like it enough to make it the subject heading, hah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

YAY!

You made it there okay.

I'm going to sing the Dooom song now.

"Doom doom dooom doom dooooooooooom"

11:49 am  
Blogger fairy princess said...

At least she does not have a squat toilet

11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home