Friday, July 28, 2006

Foreign Soil - Step 1 (Sydney)

So, things have come to fruition, and I have managed to drag myself as far as Sydney - where I'm just beginning a 4 night stint of the old couch-sleeping routine.

Many thanks to the very Mr Wildebeest Esq. himself; for the pleasure. This post is a quick one while I ninja the lappy of a flatmate here.

The flight - went ok. Had some chicken fillety thingy, which wasn't too bad. Managed to rustle up a couple of vodkas along the way too, which was kind step one in the general blood-thinning of the evening.

Had annoying french kids behind me (with the kicking and the squealing, etc). I guess it did occupy me for a few minutes while I tried to mentally parse out a sentance along the lines of "piss off you annoying little shite". Having probably fewer than a dozen french words to work with, however, did not make that easy.

I didn't bother listening to the movie and instead tuned into my iPod the whole way. It looked like it was some pretty drippy movie about some dance teacher giving lessons to unruly kids at a local high school. Typical 'awesome teacher comes in and turns all these kids lives around and whatnot. The best part of the movie was the big climactic dance scene which, for me, was done to the soundtrack of such ballroom classics as 'Wet Rubber', 'Comfortably Shagged' and 'Hot Sexy Lusty'. Head Like a Hole (HLAH) - a must have for any half decent sappy movie about dancing.

Lastly; there was, of course, drinking to be had last night. Few vodkas and a trip to some place for a regular piece known as 'Rock and Roll Motherfucker'. Apparently we struck a bit of a dud night in terms of music selection, and I guess 'Hipster pop with the ocassional foray into 80's schlock, motherfucker' may have been a little more appropriate. Still, there was a decent bit of 'this' (please note that the witness makes the 'drinky drinky' motion) and I'm not sure how one can go wrong with a night involving some of that.

My mouth tastes like sunday morning, yet - its only Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home