Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Piling up crap and wrestling with my iPod

So, that last post wasn't too bad for a first effort. I only had to edit it about five times.

The joys of drinking (I failed to mention that I actually came home and wrote that at about 5am after being in town).

So yeah, still haven't left yet, but am slowly getting 'organised'. This evening I managed to 'organise' a bunch of stuff into little piles all over my room. That's why I'm still up at 3:00am: my bed is still buried. I've even decided to keep moving CDs over to my iPod, which should help heaps.

While I'm glad to have upgraded from my minidisc player to an iPod, what I'm not so stoked about is how long it is taking to put everything on to it. Granted, I could just pull across the music that's on my PC, but I tried that and a whole bunch of it isn't labelled or anything. Foreign places will be stressful enough without having to deal with some bizarre pot-luck music situation. Imagine: I might end up listening to Fantomas; 'The Directors Cut' instead of, say Fantomas; 'Suspended Animation'. You see what I mean?

In going through my CD collection I've had a few decent 'now why the hell did I buy that?!' moments. In fact, about half of my CD tower has been organised into a 'meh, could make do without' pile. I know people always talk about how your taste change, but I'm still thinking we-eel, has it really changed that much?

I dont want to think about getting old, and I think that's where this is heading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Haha, I have ALOT of those CDs.

Some I have only listened to a couple times. I haven't thrown them away/sol them though because I feel like I should listen several times... sometimes good music takes a while to grow on you.

(Although the best is music you like straight away and you continuously like)

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home