Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thunderbird fun

So. Laptop is in place. I'm giving it the tappy tappy from the desk in my room as we speak.

Also, being the super-organised guy I am, I've been all about getting the sensible apps in and making stuff work before I start pissing about with games and crap (because we all know how much sensible stuff I'm going to be doing after that happens).

This brings me to thunderbird.

Well, I use firefox, and often complain at people who don't. I even got drunk on the release date of the new Moz (or whatever the hell that party was about) some time ago. Psh, like that means a damn thing, but whatever...

So, I'm assuming that thunderbird is all good to use as well. Spent some time pissing around with it, but have finally managed to make it able to import my mail from hotmail. BUT, it tends to strip the emails from my hotmail account after doing so, which I dont really want (as then I cant check my mail again from somewhere other than my own 'puter).

Also, I'm part way through getting the contacts list transferred over properly, which also is fairly annoying and whatnot, and seems to be a lot of pissing about - including the use of copy and pasting into excel and crap. bizarre.

I recognise that this may actually be the fault of hotmail, and that thunderbird is a perfectly reasonable program, but I'm not sure that the two programs make good bedfellows, as it were...

Anyone know a good thunderbird/hotmail fairy/genie or any other generally benevolent mythical creature of some kind that can make life easy?

Maybe I just need to officially make the move to gmail...

Also; I have a sore throat. Cool.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I think you want gmail.

BTW, is that Moz party you're talking about the one that was on your birthday? Perhaps that explains why you were drunk... I think that's the same night I passed out three times...

12:23 am  
Blogger Joel said...

You must mean this party:

http://www.schnitzer.at/mozparty/index.html?show=other#94

(unfortunately the photo gallery is down)

Also, I think you need gmail, that way I can harass you by chatting online.

12:54 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

Well I actually have 2 gmail accounts, but I've not really been bothered to use em.

I've even got 'skarnz' for gmail too. haha.

(I wouldn't be able to use the new blogger without one, actually)

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home