Thursday, January 11, 2007

Music update

The world of Barnes's music:

Mogwai:

Gotten some good milage out of the album 'Mr Beast' and am moving slowly towards 'Yount Team', but not finding this as good so far. We'll see.

The Mars Volta

Well, I only have HALF of an album, I think. Dont ask me how that happenend. Anyway it is 'De-Loused in the Comatorium', and seems to be not bad. Dangerous proximity to hipster territory, but I think still acceptable, given caution.

Thome York

'The Eraser'. Mixed bad. Has some really good stuff and some definate filler tracks. Very much sounds like a 'laptop production' effort, but still acceptable stuff, I think. Particularly go for 'The Clock', 'Black Swan', 'And it Rained All Night' and 'Harrowdown Hill'.

Otherwise, I've found that NIN is almost perfect walking music. Good tempo to ensure that I'm not late for work, particularly. I need more of this stuff, as I only have a couple of albums at the moment.

Actually, I am in need of a new music binge very soon, methinks.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go the Volta and Mogwai! Although it's been a while since I've listened to that stuff :)

I would also say that Mogwai and Thome York are encroaching hipster territory.

Also, what NIN albums are you listening to?

1:48 pm  
Blogger Squirk said...

A music binge, or "minge" for short...

2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liking Mr. Beast more than Young Team costs you more hipster points than you earn from liking The Mars Volta, so you're still out on top.

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny that; I always used to listen to NIN when I delivered newspapers. Must be the subliminal messages.

5:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jacob

NIN's subliminal messages used to make you deliver newspapers? ;)

3:31 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:58 am  
Blogger Skarnz said...

The NIN ive got consists of

The Fragile
The Downward Spiral
And All that Could Have Been
(Is that the right name? y'know, its the Live one)...

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home