Thursday, November 02, 2006

More for your money

So, I'm doing a bit of a bulk update thingy, even though you guys have heard about all the important stuff, ie that a good white ninja comic came out and that I got really bozed (again), but I guess the punters begin to bay for blood if they don't get there pennies's worth.

Well, as some may know, I am now a working man. This is whats invovled:

Peeople ring the BBC.

They have a certain chance of getting me on the other end.

They have a 'certain' chance of being connected to the person they actually want to talk to.

Tee hee.

But yeah. Job is fairly boring, but has yet to lead to starvation and 'I'm a prostitute and I live in a box on the side of the road' style thing. Y'know - like the old songs. The beautiful old songs. (yeah... uuh, badly butchered 'Black Books' quote there, for those having difficulty).

What I DONT have, is a place to live that I cant refer to without thinking 'I need to leave here very soon, as its a pile of balls'. In other words, I'm STILL in a hostel.

Lots of fun stuff in this last place. Here's a few:

My first room was on the 1st floor. It was clean and tidy and seemed ok. I asked for a further week, and was duly 'upgraded' to a room on the 4th floor, which was supposed to sleep 6, but is actually now sleeping 8. Yay for couples in your dorm room (2 of them, no less). Also, its such a mess that I was compelled to take a photo (be glad that cameras are unable to convey smell, by the way), which I might post later, if I can be bothered.

1st night, I was awoken by a drunken dude entering the room and chatting to eveyone at about 2am. Granted, someone (ahem) had ACCIDENTALLY stolen his bed and he needed assistance in figuing which was the last remaining bed available for use. This does not excuse the noises and crap that he continued to emit, however (I never realised that anyone could scratch themselves with such volume, and the satisfied murmurings weren't too welcome either)

And there's my bunk. It is the worlds most unlikely thing to be described as a sleeping surface, ever. I feel like it may have survived one of those 'pay $1 for 10 minutes to swing a big hammer at this random object' things that you occasionally see at fairs. Or is that just a Timaru thing? They're great! But not for sleeping on afterwards. Also, it somehow manages to be at a ridiculous angle - large enough for the sheets to deposit themselves on the floor if I don't continue to hold them up throughout the night.

Lots of other things to amuse OTHER people, but this is getting excessivley long already.

Come over and get me drunk and I'll tell you all about it.

Hmm. Other things are happening in the blog world, too, I see. Welcome to Ben and Hamish, whose blogs I might just add to my list, when I can (again) be bothered.

Lastly, I'm not sure if you people that I know (and she doesn't) browse her blog, but I saw a thing that I quite liked on Swifty's blog. Check this six-word story business out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast now.


Remember, these all make HILARIOUS dinner party stories, which will more than likely be the difference between you buying Mayfair from that good sir, Professor Moneybags, or having to remain bunked at Regent St forever.


Use the experience wisely young grasshopper.

12:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more updates please mr barnsey - i want to live vicariously through your life ;P

10:09 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

hehe. soz.

inc

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home