Monday, September 18, 2006

Goodbye Sober Day

So yes, as indicated by Mr Squirk, we intended on making an obligitory trip to the church (read: feral drinking establishment for Kiwis/Aussies/SAffers).

...and this we did. Sundays only, of course.

Began drinking whilst in the queue (approx 11:30am) and crawled out again after the lock-in is finished at 4pm-ish.

Having not had anything to eat beforehand, I was a little worried by the fact that I couldn't buy anything to eat in there. For the record, however, it was not me that was falling over and requiring carrying by the time the whole thing was over.

I believe that honour goes distinctly to Rob. Congratulations, my friend. Hahaha.

Hmm; I have a catalogue of memories (some of which are hazier than others):

-The concierge in the toilet having a collection of bizarre rhymes that he pretty much belted out constantly. For example: "No Armani, no Poonani!", or; "If you're happy and you know it: wash your hands", etc.

-The stripper making guys eat marshmellows out of various uuh, 'nooks and crannies'...

-Cozzie being dissapointed after the 'male stripping' that was promised being left in the hands of a bunch of dudes from the audience. Seriously guys, dont just whip all your kit off and walk around on stage with your wobbly bits out. However, I understand that the availability of Woodstock bourborn may have made up for this.

-A fairly spirited rendition of 'slice of heaven'

Other than that, mostly just Strongbow-related jumping around and stuff.

Hehe. I wonder how Rob is feeling right now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirk said...

Man, I don't know what happened there -- I was going just fine until we walked out.

I think that's only the second time I've been too messy to look after myself. I can't thank you guys enough -- without you, I'm sure I would have just coma'd out on the pavement by a drain.

Anyway, I hope I didn't put too much of a damper on the evening's festivities...

11:46 pm  
Blogger Skarnz said...

Yeah. Having to continually pull your pants up was probably the worst bit. :P

Happens to the best of us, tho

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home