Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spanish Restaurant

So. Believe it or not, I still remember the login for this blog. Hurrah, and stuff.

Thought I might post about my evening spent restauranting Spanish style.

My prior knowledge of Spanish cuisine was pretty much the idea of Tapas (my experience of which was pretty much various breads and houmousy dip, or something similar) and piella, which I had never actually eaten. Plenty of room for correction, there, it seems.

Headed to a place in Portobello road (for those of you who know London). When we got a table, we were givin a bunch of tapas dishes (I didn't actually order these, nor actually saw the menu, so, 'approximate descriptions' ahoy...:

Squid in ink sauce
Choritzo sausage in red wine sauce
King Prawns in Garlic Sauce
Meat Balls
Octopus (Slices of tentacles with with paprika and maybe something else)
Thin slices of some sort of cured bacon/ham
Battered calamari rings (the best I've ever had, ie: not at all chewy)
Some sort of tuna pastry slice thing
Green peppers with some sort of dressing (not actually hot, interestingly, but quite a bitter aftertaste...).
Potatoe pancakey thingies (someone said they might be thick potato tortillas?)

After munching on these, of the 20 or so of us about 3 ppl were keen to actually have a main. Noone had dessert.

Good impressions.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Squirk said...

I haven't really followed Spanish food a whole lot myself, but I enjoyed some tasty tapas at Hairy Canary in Melbourne.

There was a honey-glazed bird about the size of a sparrow, some kind of grilled cheese by itself (tastier than halloumi) and the enduring favourite "Patatas Bravas".

I think everyone left hungry, despite paying more than what mains would have cost.

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home